Cheap and healthy recipe ideas: Grate Zucchini & Corn Fritters
Fritters are great for a cheap and healthy family dinner, or a quick an easy lunch while you’re working at home. With a little help from our School Food Literacy program coordinator, Emma, here’s a delicious, simple recipe for 3-veg fritters.
Grate Zuchini & Corn Fritters
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups zucchini, grated.
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- 1 cup spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Grate zucchini onto clean tea towel. Wrap towel around zucchini, and squeeze to remove excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, corn, spring onion, flour, and cumin. Stir together until well combined.
- In a mug whisk eggs with a fork.
- Add eggs to fritter mixture and combine well.
- In a large frypan over medium- to-high heat, add olive oil. Scoop out a portion of mixture (small palm size) into frypan.
- Cook in batches (suitable for pan size) for 3-5 mins on each side, until golden brown. Serve with minted Greek yoghurt.
- Zucchini is rich in manganese, magnesium, lutein, zeaxanthin, and vitamins K and C — nutrients which contribute to healthy vision and may help to strengthen bones.