Cheap and healthy recipe ideas: Extreme Veggie Nachos
We love this nutritious take on a delicious all-time favourite!
Extreme Veggie Nachos
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- A splash of oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of kale, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tin beans (any kind but kidney beans work best)
- 1tsp cumin powder (optional)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 50ml water
- 1 packet corn chips
- 100gms tasty cheese (optional)
- 3 spoons sour cream or greek yoghurt
- Put the vegetable oil in a pan on medium high, add the onion and cook until brown.
- Add the zucchini and cook for 1 min
- Add the kale and the tomatoes, cumin powder then the beans and water and heat until starting to boil.
- Turn the temperature down to a simmer and cook for 15min stirring occasionally as to stop it sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the corn chips on a plate, spoon over the bean mixture, add a sprinkle of cheese and a spoon of sour cream.
- Want to add an extra touch of nutritional tastiness? Mash an avocado and serve on top.
VIEW MORE RECIPES