UNDER EMBARGO UNTIL 20TH OCTOBER 2021
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
‘Donate a Plate’ campaign raises awareness of the state of hunger highlighted in the Foodbank Hunger Report 2021.
By sharing these sobering statistics alongside a positive call to action everyone can get involved with, together we can inspire Australians into action by donating much needed funds to help Foodbank fight hunger in Australia
From Wednesday 20th October – Saturday 23rd October
As many social media platforms you have and even in any media interviews or podcasts!
Australia had a big hunger problem before COVID hit our shores. Now, many people here are experiencing empty plates for the first time.
THE FOODBANK HUNGER REPORT 2021 SHOWS
- One in six Australian adults haven’t had enough to eat in the last year.
- 1.2 million children have gone hungry in the last year.
- One in three people struggling to meet their food needs are new to the situation.
- Foodbank provides food relief to more than a million people each month.
- There are too many empty plates.
TOGETHER, WE CAN ‘DONATE A PLATE’
Highlight and share
- Highlight the number of Aussies struggling right now to put food on the table.
- Talk about how there is an empty plate at many dinner tables around this country.
- Factors outside many Aussies control has led them to this situation.
- You can make a difference by simply donating, asking your followers to donate.
- If you are doing an Instagram story make it easy by adding staging.foodbank.org.au as a link so they can donate directly.
Build the message and call for donations
- Let’s build this up, ask your family and friends to get on board.
- Tag three friends to #DonateaPlate to #FightHungerinAustralia and join the campaign
EVERY $1 DONATED IS 2 MEALS CREATED
THANK YOU! EVERY POST MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The next time you’re having a meal with friends of family please set an extra plate and keep it empty for a picture for this campaign.
@FoodbankAUS and your respective state or territory Foodbank, as well as your nominated three friends.
Anytime from Wednesday 20th October until Saturday 23rd October
Rebecca Collins, Foodbank Australia
0409 786 132 or Rebecca@foodbank.org.au